Whoever would have thought you have this incredible superpower-like ability to create an alternate reality? Your mind is more creative and powerful than you could ever imagine. Setting goals is easy, reaching them not so much, unless you use your mind to visualize your success. Visualization helps you create a new reality by training your mind to go after and grab hold of what you want.
So where to begin? Here are a few easy steps you can take to step into your best way of being.
- Find somewhere to relax. I always like to start closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths to get comfortable and clear my mind
- Spend a few moments thinking about what areas of your life you want to improve.
- What would be the best possible outcome you can imagine? What would that look like? Create an idea in your mind of what you would look like having achieved your goal. Maybe you can see it clearly or just get a sense – it doesn’t matter how you experience it. Let your imagination run wild with all of positive things this change will bring.
- Imagine floating out of your current self and settling fully into your future self. Let all of the positive feelings of having accomplished this completely surround you. Get a sense of the steps you took to get here. What is different about you? What do you notice? Do you stand taller or feel more confident? Use all of your senses to fill in as much detail as possible.
- Once this feels complete, relax back into your physical body. You can do this by noticing the position of your body or the way the surface you are resting on feels beneath you. When you are ready open your eyes.
Mentally practicing who and what you want to be is relaxing and can help reduce stress. Even better, it creates a subconscious road map for action. Next time you have a choice you become far more likely to make choices that will help you reach your goals and create a new reality. What are you going to use your superpower for?