About Hypnosis

subconscious mind powerConscious vs. Subconscious

You may have heard of that old idea that we only use 10% of our brain.  The truth is you use all of your brain, but it is working on two very distinct levels, the conscious and the subconscious.  Your conscious, the quick yes-no decision making part of your brain, is only about 10% of your awareness.  The other 90% is your subconscious.  You may wonder what’s going on in that part of your awareness.

Your subconscious is the map the guides you

Every thought, belief, and emotion that tells you who you are and what you can or can’t do  is mapped out in your subconscious.  It controls your automatic functions like breathing, heart rate, and healing.  How we feel and what we believe drive all of our behaviors, both good and bad.  Hypnotherapy can help you take those two things apart so the behaviors you don’t want naturally fall away.

Why do we think change is hard?

You may be thinking, if we know all our fears and limiting beliefs are in the subconscious, why is change so hard? The truth is we all come into this world with one beautiful psyche, but around the age of 7 or 8 something happens to all of us. That something is the critical factor. The critical factor lives in our conscious mind and it is like a gate-keeper, because it filters every bit of information that comes in – deciding if it’s true or not. So, if you hold a belief about yourself that is negative, no matter how many positive, reaffirming things are said to you, those ideas just bounce off your critical factor. Hypnosis lets you lift the critical factor.  Therefore you can reprogram your thinking.

Is it safe?     YES!

Hypnosis is a natural altered state of mind we all experience every day.  Hypnosis is the key to unlocking your subconscious mind.  Have you ever wondered why your best ideas come to you when you are zoning out? During these times your conscious mind drifts off and your critical factor lifts, leaving your subconscious mind open and inducing a natural hypnotic state. It’s safe, it’s normal and it’s something you are already doing every day.

Are you going to make me cluck like a chicken? Only if you want to!

This isn’t magic, and no one has the power to make you do or say anything you don’t want to. Professional clinical hypnotherapy can help you relax and feel more confident and in control, letting go of negative thinking and behaviors, making better decisions, feeling more connected, and promoting health and well-being.

Will I lose control?     NO

In hypnosis you remain relaxed and in control.  The hypnotherapist helps guide the process, but you are always in charge.  Unlike stage hypnotism, clinical hypnotherapy is about empowering you to be your best self.

Can I be hypnotized?  Only if you want to be.

Hypnosis is a natural, altered state of mind.  If you have ever gotten lost in thought or daydreamed then you’ve already hypnotized yourself.  The truth is you have to want to be hypnotized for it to work.  You are never under or out of it.  It is a highly relaxed state and you remain in control.

Does it work?     I wouldn’t be doing this if it didn’t.

Hypnotherapy can help you make the changes you want to make in your life.  It’s not magic and it does take effort on your part. It is a partnership where we work together to help you reach your goals as quickly as possible.

What can I expect from my 1st session?

Every session is uniquely tailored to each person, but a typical first session begins by just getting to know you – taking the time to really listen and understand your issue and goals and getting in touch with your feelings.  You’ll receive a free recording so you can continue practicing these techniques at home.

How long will it take?how long

Sessions usually range between one and a half to two hours. Some issues can be transformed in a single session, however many clients have between three to five sessions. You can start at any time and finish at any time.   Hypnotherapy is a progressive technique and I’m always lead by my client.

What if I’m undecided?

I offer a FREE 30 minute consultation in person or over the phone. You can schedule your appointment today by calling 727.488.8546.  It’s a no pressure conversation.  You can ask questions and see if I’m the right hypnotherapist for you.